Pyramid Salt Recipes
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sassi Salts Natural Pyramid Salt Flakes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Sassi Salts Natural Pyramid Salt Flakes
- Make caramel by bringing the coconut milk and coconut sugar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low, stirring occasionally, continue to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until mixture becomes thick and syrupy.
- Remove from heat and vigorously stir in vanilla and coconut oil.
- Transfer to glass jar or container and put in freezer for about an hour, or until mixture thickens.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix together almond butter, eggs and vanilla extract and set aside.
- Mix together cocoa powder, coconut sugar, Sassi Salts Natural Salt Flakes, baking soda and then add to wet, stirring until well incorporated. (You may have to use your hands for this – it gets quite thick, more like a sugar cookie dough than traditional brownie dough.)
- Press the mixture fully into the bottom of a lined 8″ x 8″ pan, then remove caramel from freezer and spread a thick layer over the brownie batter, stopping about 1″ from each of the edges.
- Lift one half of the brownie batter and fold it in half, (so you’re essentially sandwiching the caramel between the two brownie halves). Press edges shut. The brownie will now take up only half the pan – it will spread out as it bakes.
- Sprinkle the Sassi Salts Natural Pyramid Salt Flakes evenly over the top, then pop into the oven for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel over top after removing from the oven, or do it as you serve, topping individual brownies. If you store brownies after drizzling the caramel, it hardens slightly into a lovely, gooey, caramel-ly topping.
- 2 ripe avocados, seed and skin removed
- Small handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Juice from half a lime
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chilli/chipotle peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp Sassi Salts Smoky Chipotle Pyramid Salt Flakes
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated or very finely minced
- Using a fork or mortar and pestle, mash avocados in a bowl.
- Place all other ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- Gently combine the ingredients to the avocado mixture.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Sassi Salts Smoky Chipotle Pyramid Salt Flakes on top for a delicious crunchy texture and some tortilla chips, crackers or raw veggies on the side!
- 3-5 fresh cucumbers (approx. 900gm), peeled and cut into cubes
- Cucumber slices for garnishing
- 6 limes, juice only (plus extra for garnishing)
- 60ml triple sec
- 60ml tequila
- 1 tbsp organic raw honey
- 2 tbsp Sassi Salts Black Pyramid Salt Flakes
- Ice cubes to serve
- Chill serving glasses in freezer/fridge.
- Blend the cucumbers and lime juice together in a blender for 30-45 seconds until completely blended.
- Use a colander or fine mesh strainer to remove the cucumber pulp from the juice.
- Run a lime wedge around the outside of the rim of your glass before rolling the rim in crushed Sassi Salts Black Pyramid Salt Flakes.
- Fill the glass with ice, tequila, triple sec, cucumber and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with cucumber slices or lime.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoon)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups raw Arborio rice
- 7 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 300gm baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cups fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Sassi Salts Mushroom Pyramid Salt Flakes
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat a medium stockpot over medium heat and add olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- Add onion and 1 tsp garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add rice and stir to coat the rice thoroughly with the oil and butter.
- Add 1 cup of broth, simmering and stirring constantly until absorbed. When rice absorbs the liquid, stir in additional broth 1 cup at a time. The broth should simmer gently. If it boils too hard or the rice is sticking to the pan, reduce the heat slightly. Continue stirring and adding broth in 1-cup increments until all the broth is used. The rice is done when it is soft and creamy, and no longer has a hard bite.
- In a separate little skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium high heat. Add the remaining garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute for a further 5-10 minutes until they’re browned
- Remove from heat, stir in the spinach until wilted, and transfer to the risotto pan
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted and risotto is creamy.
- Stir in fresh basil and thyme leaves until wilted.
- Season with Sassi Salts Mushroom Pyramid Salt Flakes and cracked pepper to taste!
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- Fresh Herb Vinaigrette (see below)
- 1 ½ tsp Sassi Salts Rosemary Pyramid Salt Flakes
- 200gm fresh asparagus spears
- ¾ cup grape/cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium red capsicums
- 6 cups mixed salad greens,
- 50gm thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place potatoes in a baking pan and toss with 2 tablespoons of the Fresh Herb Vinaigrette and sprinkle with Sassi Salts Rosemary Pyramid Salt Flakes
- Roast potatoes in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turn once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, wash asparagus. Cut wooded bases where spears break easily.
- Add asparagus, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons more vinaigrette to the pan with potatoes. Roast for 10 more minutes, flipping once.
- To serve, place salad greens on a large platter. Arrange potatoes, asparagus, and tomatoes on top.
- Top with remaining Fresh Herb Vinaigrette, sliced prosciutto and a sprinkle of Sassi Salts Rosemary Pyramid Salt Flakes!Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs (such as thyme, basil, and/or oregano), snipped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp Dijon-style mustard
- ¼ tsp Sassi Salts Natural Pyramid Salt Flakes
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
In an air tight jar, pour olive oil, white wine vinegar, add red onion, fresh herbs, garlic, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Cover it with its lid and shake well.